Boxer has allowed me–a human–to post to his blog today. (Of course, he insists on editing everything.) 🙂
Thinking about Boxer, I’d say he’s all in all, a good dog. Of course, I’m no expert, and I can’t predict the future. I’m just a guy who likes dogs, and one who knows Boxer fairly well. If I had to make a guess, I’d say Boxer is, oh I dunno, 92% a good dog. The other 8% has to do with his quirks. Yes..quirks. Like all dogs, and many people, I suppose, Boxer has his quirks. So, let’s go over his good side, and his quirks.
First the good stuff–He’s good in the house. I have found him to be lovable, affectionate, and energetic, but not hyperactive. He’s bonded well with me, and I suspect he’ll bond the same way with a caring owner. On adoption days at Petsmart, he loves for people to pet him, and pay him attention. I can’t say for sure, but I suspect–like most dogs–he’ll be somewhat protective of his home territory once it’s established. Oh, and did I say, he’s darned smart, doesn’t bark much, rides well in vehicles, is a good walking/jogging partner, and loves to go places?
Next the quirks–He wants to fight with other dogs–big or little–whenever he apparently sees them as a threat. He chases cats. He’s possessive of his food.
This pie chart (Boxer likes pies) might help illustrate the points–
Perhaps the perfect home for Boxer would be one in which he could be the only animal, with no small children, and a fenced yard. Boxer can provide companionship, love, devotion, and a measure of protection. In return, he needs a good owner, someone who loves him, understands his quirks, and won’t let him have opportunities to get into trouble.
If you’re a good match for Boxer, and if you’re approved by Puppy Hill, then Boxer’s adoption fee is covered, meaning you’ll get a healthy, happy dog, and Boxer will get a great home. Sounds like a WIN-WIN, don’t you think?
Hello, I’m Boxer, and I approve of this message.